"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas Day!!!

Well the magic day is upon us.....it's just the three of us this year as Grace is in New York City with Radu and Paul is snowbound in Issaquah....but PJ, Russell and I are having a hummy day.


The weather is slowly easing up and actually there is a bit of blue sky as I write.

We do have an interesting situation on our garage roof. A LARGE pine tree limb (18"in diameter and about 15 feet long)

is gently resting on part of the roof and is precariously perched on a few branches...I am hoping it will just simply slowly slide into our driveway without a mishap to the house or anyone. It's too dangerous to remove yet as there is still a ton of ice on our roof....it's interesting to say the least.





In just a little bit, we'll be off to Tom and Steve's next door for roast beast and other tasty bites.
YUM......


Tom peeling the potatoes







Katie and Colin







Steve's mom Fay is making the Rum Sauce....
for the yummy Apple Cake

And here's Steve...who was our bartender....
while keeping the dishes and countertops clean!
Phillip enjoying a lively comversation............


Scott....Kristi's husband. They drove up from Fresno...



Greg.....good friend of Tom and Steve's




Kristi (Steve's sister) madly taking photos
Here I am.....
and Russell is doing a great job here of not
only holding down the chair but,
watching everyone work......


All we had to do was bring the "Gosh Darn Apple Pie" (actually I was calling it worse names while I was making it yesterday) and some bread......I was going to make the NYTimes No Knead Bread....but got sideswiped by the idea of making Challah...so I did. Two loaves and it was fun to make. I'll take a photo later at the dinner and you can drool over what we had!
(actually I forgot to take photos as my appetite precluded any more photos)

Again-we wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!