"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Saturday, March 20, 2010

F is for Fennel W is for Walking

Since our weather has been pleasant lately I have been walking to our library.
Here are a few things I have seen along the 2.5 mile walk...
Lake Oswego has an outdoor gallery of sculptures scattered throughout the city....some good some not so hot....I like this Totem made from recycled motorcyle parts....


At the base of the Totem is this plaque-
So I thought what do I do?
Well for starters I walk to the library and spend 2 hours helping out....

On the way to the Library I photo what I like-
I love this green moss and leaning tree with ferns....

Looking even closer at the ferns...........


I love getting a pedicure every 6 weeks or so....
My one really luxurious treat....ahhhhhh


And I love to cook- here's another addition to the Alphabet Recipes....
One thing I forgot to do before I took this photo was to garnish the dish
with a few fresh Fennel fronds....both Russell and I enjoyed this meal....yay.
Have a great weekend everyone!







http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pork-Tenderloin-with-Sauteed-Onion-and-Fennel-and-Fennel-Cream-1049

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!