"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Friday, April 27, 2012

Update! A Clever Scam

I was notified by Animesh Agarwal that I had been scammed by some very clever
bastard. If you want more info you can access his blog below.
http://thefaltu.blogspot.in/2012/04/legacy-blogger-account-scam.html


Fortunately I did NOT click on anything within the nasty phishing email.
So if you get an email like the one I did below mark it spam and don't click on any
of the links within that email.
It's interesting that Google hasn't picked up on this phishing scam.




Dark Days Ahead...
Remember a few days ago I posted a RANT about the "new upgraded blogger" and how much I hated it? Well. humpf, Google who maintains Blogger wrote me this latest email:

"Hello,
You are receiving this message because your email address is associated with an unmigrated legacy Blogger account. As we announced in April of last year, legacy accounts will no longer be accessible after May 30th, 2012 unless they are updated to the Google Account system. Any blog content associated with this account will also be unmodifiable after that date."

Well now, ain't this just the friendliest message ever. (not so much! )

I guess if I want to keep on using blogger to blog and don't want to lose years of memories and images stored in blogger I will "obey" and upgrade. Grrrr. More and more I am beginning to believe that Google is evil. Suggestions anyone?

7 comments:

  1. checking it out right now but I think it's a scam. i only created one blogger account in my life and it has migrated. plus getting emails on email addresses would never have given to google. IF you know you have an old account you haven't used in a couple years, sign into it in the usual fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't click on the link. I believe it might be SPAM or physhing. I've received this message too but on an adress not associated with my blog. I find this quite suspicious. Try to find out more before you do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this what I have to look forward to? I haven't been contacted yet, maybe because my blog is less than a year old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you've got me scared. I know they are making changes. Eek, better check my email. : {

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a scam. Heres the truth !

    http://thefaltu.blogspot.in/2012/04/legacy-blogger-account-scam.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. "an unmigrated legacy Blogger account"..... huh? What a weird, weird email. I don't even understand it. Anyway, since your blog is precious and should never be lost I suggest you "obey" (to make it less stressful, just substitute "obey" with "going with the flow." There, don't you feel better now? Om......

    ReplyDelete
  7. .....That is, unless it is indeed spam, in which case absolutely do not obey!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!