"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Eric Alders Monday Photo Prompt.. 5-8-2013 ( two days late...)

Autocar Grill by Eric Alder


There once was a guy named Henry
Who had marvelous ideas generally
He was horribly bored
Manufactured the Ford
With factories using the line of assembly   
~~~~~~~~

Henry Ford (July 30, 1863 – April 7, 1947) was an American industrialist, the founder of the Ford Motor Company, and sponsor of the development of the assembly line technique of mass production. Although Ford did not invent the automobile, he developed and manufactured the first automobile that many middle class Americans could afford to buy. His introduction of the Model T automobile revolutionized transportation and American industry. As owner of the Ford Motor Company, he became one of the richest and best-known people in the world. He is credited with "Fordism": mass production of inexpensive goods coupled with high wages for workers. Ford had a global vision, with consumerism as the key to peace. His intense commitment to systematically lowering costs resulted in many technical and business innovations, including a franchise system that put dealerships throughout most of North America and in major cities on six continents. Ford left most of his vast wealth to the Ford Foundation but arranged for his family to control the company permanently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
To see more of Eric Alder's fine photos or to read other
takes on this weeks photo go here:

8 comments:

  1. Very nicely done Kathe. As always.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this little rhyme, Kathe! I guess you could say it hit close to home for me.

    I was born in Dearborn, same as Henry Ford, and I have a membership to the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village.

    (But I drive a Pontiac - sorry, Henry!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Nice to meet you! ~Sandy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric
    I actually have been to the Ford Factory- waaay back in 1949 my Dad and I drove across

    the country in our old car heading to Cambridge MA. He and I were driving ahead and my mom and

    baby brother would follow via an airplane ride. My dad had been accepted at Harvard's School of Architecture . Lucky for him as he was able to attend on the GI Bill.

    On the way (via Salt lake City, Mt Rushmore, Custers last stand, the Erie Canal, Niagra Falls and other notable road side attractions) we stopped at the factory as my Dad was picking up a new Ford Woody Station wagon since the family had expanded. I still remember being transfixed at the sight of the assembly line. We had that car for years and it took us many places long after we had returned to California.




    ReplyDelete
  5. He really did change the world. And not just with automobiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite story about Ford came from a woman asking him if she could buy a Model T in her favorite color. He said, "Sure, so long as it's black."

    The reason for this is that black is the fastest drying paint and he could churn out more cars this way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, i love a Limerick i can repeat in front of the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephen- I love your comments- they always add more dimension and history to the person. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!