"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Eric Alders MPP November 26, 2013



Powerful machines brought jobs
With growth and prosperity
Sometimes run by the mobs
But mostly cranium dexterity

No one had the foresight
Nor keen observation
Those gray plumes of night
Would bring devastation

Richmond CA Oli Refineries August 2013


~~~~~~~~~
As a child I thought oil refineries at night were
beautiful with all the plumes of smoke and
twinkling lights. Now I know better.
To see more of Eric Alders photos or to
play MPP along with me go here:

   

7 comments:

  1. Very nice!
    Yeah, we had no idea what it was really all about when we were kids. The smoke was just fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are scattered all over the delta. We see them often while boating to the bay. Well driving there too. Scary stuff.

    Have a fabulous day Kathe. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post reminds me of all the beautiful sunsets I saw while going to college in Los Angeles, sunsets based on smog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we can find beauty in unexpected places, and sometimes that beauty can belie a true ugliness.

    Nice turn, Kathe! Thanks for playing M.M.P.P. this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We see that at night around here -- refineries and chemical plants on the river. It's why the Mississippi picks up most of its pollution in south Louisiana. This one hits home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:03 AM

    I was always fascinated by those big billows of smoke as well. What pollution! yikes.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:04 AM

    Hi Kathe,

    I like your post as much as I like the photo... It rings a bell!

    have a nice day,

    Sascha

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!