"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time." ~Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


Thursday, April 23, 2015

A to Z 2015 Challenge T is for Tapa and Tortilla

Tapa in Spain = snack or tidbit
Tortilla in Spain = Omelet
 
 
In 1972 I lived in Spain for a year
and almost immediately discovered
"Tapas". Little plates of tasty treats
and my favorite has always been the
simple Tortilla made with eggs,
potatoes and onions. Served at room
temperature it is delectable and
quite addictive.
Here's one recipe I found on the internet. 
Before living in Spain I only knew
tortillas that were from Mexico! 

 
A staple in Mexico, one cannot
pass up the delicious tortilla
filled with tasty avocado, tomatoes,
chilies, cilantro, onions and cheese! 


 
Bueno apetito !


6 comments:

  1. I enjoy both! Finding a Tapas restaurant here is like finding treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I'm hungry. Very hungry.

    Have a fabulous day. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to Miss Lucy. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember ordering a tortilla in Madrid and was surprised when I received a nice fluffy omelet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved getting tapas when I was in Spain, and at the little Tapas place I found here in the US near my house.

    Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds good; i don't know that we have a tapas restaurant anywhere around here, but we have Tex-Mex. Not the same thing at all as what you will get when you leave the country!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea of Spain's tortilla. I make those all the time. ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will attempt to reply to each one. However, lately I have been getting "Unknown" comments that are linked to some sort of web page. I will never open this sort of comment and will immediately mark as spam. I am not interested in opening something that could be detrimental to my blog security etc. Never have enjoyed hackers! Thanks!